Saturday, August 21, 2010

Creamed Potatoes and Peas

My grandma used to make these and I loved them. Haven't tried this one yet either... but hope to very soon!

Peas and Potatoes




4 medium red potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups milk

salt and pepper to taste


Place potatoes in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain. Cook peas according to package directions and drain.


Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, salt and pepper to form a paste. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.


Add peas and potatoes to sauce and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.


* I also like to add salt to my water when I boil the potatoes.


This recipe and the last are from one of my fave blogs http://www.sistersstuff.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment